September 2022 Updates
See these blog posts for traction & financial updates
Goblin app went into public beta with ~50 paid signup Founding Goblins
Marketing website Sept
[X] MVP live for Founding Goblins by 8/31 [was 1 day late on this :]
[ ] Apply to Scale Incubator
[ ] Start a draft of preseed pitch memo
2/4 Send 4 Friday newsletter updates
7/7 Get up to 20 Founding Goblins (7+ more) - surpassed this!
August 12, 2022 Update
- Ended the month with 711 Twitter followers, 72 people subscribed to my newsletter, and 13 founding goblins on my paid waitlist.
- I earned my first $65 dollars 😍
- I became a Flow Club host – come cowork with me!
- Launched v2 of my marketing site (a short 7 days after v1 lol): See it here
- I was quoted in the NYT regarding Flow Club: Would You Pay $40 a Month to Have Strangers Watch You Work? & Relevant Twitter Thread
- I ran a small experiment to help hone in my positioning and MVP. You can read lots more about it here.
- I coded an entire MVP but then I went on vacation and had a bunch of lightbulb moments at the airport and on the plane, so I decided to make some tweaks before releasing it. You can read about it here!
- I'm sending doodles, poems, and stickers (it's the 3 on the bottom) to my founding goblins! It's $5 to sign up. You'll also get 50% off public pricing for 2 years, 2 months free, and VIP support.
V1 of Marketing Site
- My first month as a full-time founder!
- I joined Flow Club. It gave me community, support, and structure. I'm so happy I found it.
- I was focused on building a Jira/Linear replacement at this time, but that's since evolved to an Asana/ClickUp model where you can get personal stuff done and I'm going to add on team communication and alignment in the future.
- I interviewed a lot of potential users, researched, wrote MVP requirements, and started coding a bit in Phoenix and Elixir.
- I joined the first Great Founders Write cohort to help keep me accountable with posting on my blog. I met SO many cool people and got great feedback on my writing.
Blog posts written during the cohort:
- Humans Completing Tasks
- Indiscernible burnout & figuring out your next move
- 😓 -> 😌 anxiety-driven work @ funded startups
- go to market anxiety: from craft beer to SaaS
- This was the last month at my full-time job as a backend engineer. I had tried interviewing to work at other startups but I was seeing the same red flags in interviews that had made my previous jobs toxic so I started thinking about doing my own thing.
- I joined Twitter at the end of May! Twitter has been huge for me as a founder--I've met so many incredible founders, coders, friends, investors, and all around awesome people on there. I've received a ton of help and support through Twitter. It gives me hope for the future of tech & future of work/life.