- October 1, 2022 - October header/footer & beta release of Zapier integration
- September 30, 2022 - Community-centric profiles pilot
- September 27, 2022 - Simplify registration/onboarding process & fix nickname bug
- September 21, 2022 - Reset password and confirm email address emails
- September 20, 2022 - Links to view old mission logs & second mission added
- September 18, 2022 - Adds Goals and app/marketing site layout updates
- September 12, 2022 - Bug Fixes, Edit Mission Tasks, and Show/Hide completed and draft Sidequests
- September 9, 2022 - Mission Logs & Report
- September 7, 2022 - Layout & nav updates
- September 6, 2022 - Shopping list
- September 5, 2022 - Layout overhaul and new features
- September 1, 2022 - Initial MVP Release
October 1, 2022
- Beta version of Zapier integration so that Goblin can show $$$ when you earn money on Stripe.
- Updated header/footer for October
September 30, 2022
- I really wanted a profile that showed all the cool communities I'm in so I made a quick one for myself--trying to gauge interest before I make it a "real" feature.
September 27, 2022
- Simplify onboarding process so you don't have to enter any productivity problems & a default sidequest is created so you can experience completing a sidequest asap. You can preview the onboarding process here.
- Fix bug where you couldn't have the same nickname as other users
September 21, 2022
- Added 2 "transactional" emails for resetting password and confirming your email address when you sign up or update your email address.
September 20, 2022
- Small updates: 1) There is now a Mission link on the home page to jump down to the Mission (if you have a lot of sidequests it gets pushed down pretty far on the page). 2) There are also links to view old mission logs in the Mission section now.
- Mission Gnomemode logs are updated. This is the second mission that everyone does; you'll see the logs when you finish your mission tasks. Note that you can only finish a mission every 7 days so the "Wrap Up" button doesn't appear until 7 days have passed from the start date of the mission.
September 18, 2022
- New Feature: Goals! You can now add your top goal and it will show up on the top of the Goblin app where you'll see it every day to keep it top of mind. You can also associate Sidequests and Mission Tasks with the goal and they'll show up on the Goal page.
- New Feature: Editing any task! Before you could edit the Mission Tasks, but not Sidequests. Now you can click ✍️ to edit your Sidequests.
- Layout Updates: The app should be more usable now on smaller screens (e.g. Macbook Air) and the top and bottom navs have been updated.
- Marketing Site Updates: Added a Testimonial.to Wall of Love!
September 12, 2022
- New Logo: My spouse was inspired to create a new logo for Goblin--I'm super excited about it!
- Bug Fix: When you are creating a sidequest and enter a task name and check the box to save it as a quick add template, but don't add a category, it will show an error for missing category but also deletes the task name.
- Bug Fix: On the Shopping List, if you marked an item as purchased, it would properly move to "purchased items", but if you refreshed it would be gone.
- Bug Fix: A couple users reported seeing "Internal Server Error" when creating a mission. This was due to required fields not being filled in. These fields have been marked required and now the appropriate error shows if they're not filled in.
- Mission Task Updates: You can now edit your mission tasks! You can change the task name, add notes to your task, and if you've already marked it done you can mark it as incomplete. This will affect your gems by -25 so proceed with caution.
- Sidequest Updates: Completed and draft Sidequests are now hidden by default and there are links to show them. You can also archive a completed sidequest if you want to keep your gems/stats intact but reduce your "completed" list.
Thanks for reading!
September 9, 2022
Mission Logs & Report
- Finished up "Mission Logs" feature. When you finish your 2 mission tasks and at least 7 days have passed, you'll see a "wrap up mission" button at the top of your dashboard. It takes a few minutes to wrap up the mission, then you see the Mission Log (which is a wild mad libs story telling of your mission) and a Mission Report, which includes statistics on the sidequests you completed during the mission.
- NOTE: the third photo is kinda a spoiler so don't look if you want to be completely surprised when you wrap up your first mission.
September 7, 2022
- Home layout updates: moved Add New Sidequests and Mission section to the left column before the Hype Goblin so you can still see them as you add more Sidequests.
- Updated "Add new tasks" heading to "Add new sidequests" for clarity.
- Moved Shopping List link into top nav.
September 6, 2022
- Added "Shopping List" as a life admin feature so you can keep track of stuff you need/want to buy
September 5, 2022
- Major UX overhaul of home page, onboarding page, and wrap up mission page. Lots of style changes.
- Allow tasks to be marked as "incomplete"
- Allow tasks to be converted to drafts
- Allow deletion of completed tasks (which updates your gems -5 as well)
- Removed "Notes" section and updated New Tasks form with "draft" language instead
- Make "Gremlins" section in onboarding optional
September 1, 2022
- Initial release of MVP for Founding Goblins