Goblin App Changelog
January 11, 2022
- Changed the background on tasks when they're completed so you can easily differentiate what's been completed already
- Fixed the "Plan" page so it looks better on larger screens
January 9, 2022
- Updates to the dashboard to simplify and add help text
- New page called "Plan Your Day" and corresponding "Plan" link in the nav
December 17, 2022
- New "Game" link in nav where you can: 1) play Daily Mini Game, 2) purchase a pet for 7 snails, and 3) see all the Treasures you've earned
- Better odds of getting snails on the Daily Mini Game (the people want 🐌s!)
- If you purchase a pet with snails, it will now appear on the dashboard above your last treasure
December 15, 2022
December 2, 2022
- Switches Hype Goblin greeting to use OpenAI API generated greetings
November 30, 2022
- Changes Goals to Missions
- If a user is logged in and they go to goblinapp.com, redirect them to the home dashboard
- Gets rid of shopping list page
- Updates onboarding to have more information and instructions
- Fixes state bug where sidequests reverted to old state if a browser tab was open for a long time
November 22, 2022
- Refactored user treasures code
- Added instagram to footer
- Adds a "Manage Billing" link to Stripe portal on Settings page for paid subscribers.
November 21, 2022
- Daily mini games: each day, your hype goblin will prompt you to play the game. There are 3 different surprises you might win. Come back each day to see what you get.
November 16, 2022
- Added a background to all pages with a cute praying mantis 🦗
- Added copy on marketing site to explain what Goblin does
November 15, 2022
- Updated styles on dashboard
- New "today" filter that shows: 1) tasks you selected to work on today, and 2) any tasks you completed today
- Added a "Plan your day" link in the top right of the task list. Click that link to quickly select what tasks you want to work on today.
November 11, 2022
- There are now more filters on the task table. Previously there was only "completed" but now there is also "active", "urgent", and "joyful".
November 10, 2022
- Onboarding has been completely redone to help you get set up in Goblin faster
- Missions have been removed--these will be replaced by simpler mini mad libs
- If you're logged in, you'll now see a "Support Goblin" link at the bottom where you can subscribe for $5/month
November 9, 2022
- Top nav has been updated to be more consistent and less confusing
- It's now super fast to add new tasks. Type in the task, hit enter, then you can type a new one. If you want to edit the task, mark it urgent/joyful, or associate with a goal, click the edit icon on that task.
- When you level up, you get a new treasure that's pinned on the left side of the screen.
- Missions are being slowly phased out in favor of a new mini-mad libs format (coming soon).
November 7, 2022
- Category no longer required when you create a sidequest
- Quickly add new sidequests by typing in the "Add New Sidequest" field and hitting enter
October 20, 2022
- Marketing site overhaul to clarify Goblin's mission and vision
- Goblin is now laser focused on being a fun, whimsical reminder app that helps you declutter your brain
October 1, 2022
- Beta version of Zapier integration so that Goblin can show $$$ when you earn money on Stripe.
- Updated header/footer for October
September 30, 2022
- I really wanted a profile that showed all the cool communities I'm in so I made a quick one for myself--trying to gauge interest before I make it a "real" feature.
September 27, 2022
- Simplify onboarding process so you don't have to enter any productivity problems & a default sidequest is created so you can experience completing a sidequest asap. You can preview the onboarding process here.
- Fix bug where you couldn't have the same nickname as other users
September 21, 2022
- Added 2 "transactional" emails for resetting password and confirming your email address when you sign up or update your email address.
September 20, 2022
- Small updates: 1) There is now a Mission link on the home page to jump down to the Mission (if you have a lot of sidequests it gets pushed down pretty far on the page). 2) There are also links to view old mission logs in the Mission section now.
- Mission Gnomemode logs are updated. This is the second mission that everyone does; you'll see the logs when you finish your mission tasks. Note that you can only finish a mission every 7 days so the "Wrap Up" button doesn't appear until 7 days have passed from the start date of the mission.
September 18, 2022
- New Feature: Goals! You can now add your top goal and it will show up on the top of the Goblin app where you'll see it every day to keep it top of mind. You can also associate Sidequests and Mission Tasks with the goal and they'll show up on the Goal page.
- New Feature: Editing any task! Before you could edit the Mission Tasks, but not Sidequests. Now you can click ✍️ to edit your Sidequests.
- Layout Updates: The app should be more usable now on smaller screens (e.g. Macbook Air) and the top and bottom navs have been updated.
- Marketing Site Updates: Added a Testimonial.to Wall of Love!
September 12, 2022
- New Logo: My spouse was inspired to create a new logo for Goblin--I'm super excited about it!
- Bug Fix: When you are creating a sidequest and enter a task name and check the box to save it as a quick add template, but don't add a category, it will show an error for missing category but also deletes the task name.
- Bug Fix: On the Shopping List, if you marked an item as purchased, it would properly move to "purchased items", but if you refreshed it would be gone.
- Bug Fix: A couple users reported seeing "Internal Server Error" when creating a mission. This was due to required fields not being filled in. These fields have been marked required and now the appropriate error shows if they're not filled in.
- Mission Task Updates: You can now edit your mission tasks! You can change the task name, add notes to your task, and if you've already marked it done you can mark it as incomplete. This will affect your gems by -25 so proceed with caution.
- Sidequest Updates: Completed and draft Sidequests are now hidden by default and there are links to show them. You can also archive a completed sidequest if you want to keep your gems/stats intact but reduce your "completed" list.
Thanks for reading!
September 9, 2022
Mission Logs & Report
- Finished up "Mission Logs" feature. When you finish your 2 mission tasks and at least 7 days have passed, you'll see a "wrap up mission" button at the top of your dashboard. It takes a few minutes to wrap up the mission, then you see the Mission Log (which is a wild mad libs story telling of your mission) and a Mission Report, which includes statistics on the sidequests you completed during the mission.
- NOTE: the third photo is kinda a spoiler so don't look if you want to be completely surprised when you wrap up your first mission.
September 7, 2022
- Home layout updates: moved Add New Sidequests and Mission section to the left column before the Hype Goblin so you can still see them as you add more Sidequests.
- Updated "Add new tasks" heading to "Add new sidequests" for clarity.
- Moved Shopping List link into top nav.
September 6, 2022
- Added "Shopping List" as a life admin feature so you can keep track of stuff you need/want to buy
September 5, 2022
- Major UX overhaul of home page, onboarding page, and wrap up mission page. Lots of style changes.
- Allow tasks to be marked as "incomplete"
- Allow tasks to be converted to drafts
- Allow deletion of completed tasks (which updates your gems -5 as well)
- Removed "Notes" section and updated New Tasks form with "draft" language instead
- Make "Gremlins" section in onboarding optional
September 1, 2022
- Initial release of MVP for Founding Goblins